Create an Art Cart for Kids.
This has been a BRUTAL winter with the insane cold and record levels of snow in our area, and there's no end in sight (it was -16 degrees this morning and there's about 3 feet of snow still on the ground). It's been so extreme that we've been stuck inside most of the time, which means I've had to be *really* creative with games and projects for the boys. My saving grace has been our "Art Cart," which houses all of our supplies for creating masterpieces. Here are some of our favorite supplies. (You'll want to plan a trip to IKEA very soon!)
1. We use this fun kitchen cart from IKEA to store all of our supplies. While we keep ours in the open in our family room, it's nice that the cart itself is on wheels and can be shuffled around and stored out of sight if needed.
2. Our crayons, markers, glue, stickers, scissors and other loose supplies are all divided into little containers like these that fit nicely into the shelves of the art cart.
3. These bibs from IKEA make the perfect art smocks for the kids.
4. I love these big sheets of finger painting paper.
5. The colors of the IKEA construction paper are really vivid and fun.
6. These watercolor paints are so great I use them myself.
7. Awesome paint colors, nice and opaque.
8. I love this set of crayons, colored pencils and markers from P'kolino.
9. Kids love these animal stamps from Melissa & Doug.
10. More IKEA supplies! These are super-cute stamp markers.
11. This inexpensive easel has a chalkboard, whiteboard and holds a giant roll of paper for endless drawing.
12. A kid-sized table is perfect for doing art projects.
How do you store your art supplies for the kiddos? This is what works for us, but I'm curious to know what works for your family too!