Works in Progress.
If you follow me on Instagram (@kssenn), you'll recognize some of these photos, but I wanted to pull them together here on the blog to share a bit about what I've been working on lately.
1. I've been filling my sketchbook with new ideas, mostly designs for patterns and icons. I like to choose a "theme" and then make an exhaustive list of the visual associations I have with that theme and sketch out things that I think could look cool. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, that's all part of the process.
2. Checking design proofs for a new, exciting collection.
3. Checking design proofs for a new design that will be in my shop soon.
4. Spent a day with my printer matching colors to a gorgeous hand block printed textile collection. I can't wait to see the proofs this week.
5. More design proofs for the new collection.
6. More from the sketchbook. I tend to have a handful of different things in progress at one time... sometimes I feel stuck on one thing and need another to think about in order to get myself "unstuck."
It's kind of nice to stop for a minute to appreciate the time and effort that goes into creating something that starts as a simple idea. The process isn't always quick or easy, but it's definitely fun along the way.