Green Week // Colorful Eco-friendly Nursery Design.
After my inspiring conversation with Meredith from Sprout San Francisco, I decided it would be fun to pull together a nursery design that incorporates some of her favorite new products along with a few other fun finds. Everything here is completely non-toxic, made from natural materials and eco-friendly. Remember when it seemed like the only "green" options were off-white or natural colored? Well, this just shows that green design has come a long way.
(Paint Color: Yolo Colorhouse, Water 01. This stuff is as green as it gets - no carcinogens, no reproductive toxins, no mutagens, no hazardous air pollutants, no ozone depleting compounds, no formaldehyde, no phthalates, no VOCs. And that's just the paint - the packaging and display materials are even eco-friendly.)
1. Custom art by yours truly (more info here).
2. Seaweed Lamp by Sarah Foote on Etsy.
3. Soft Block Set. Made from organic cotton and silk, and each one makes a squeak, rattle or jingle.
4. Caravan Dresser/Changer by Kalon. Such a great functional pieces of furniture. With its three large drawers you can use this as a regular dresser well past the baby stage.
5. Dwell Studio Thompson Glider & Ottoman. A comfy place to feed, cuddle, nap or read with your baby is essential for a nursery. Dwell Studio's glider and ottoman are made in the USA from sustainable hardwood that has been grown and harvested in a responsible manner. The upholstery is 100% cotton or linen.
6. Coco Lounger. Made of solid wood and PVC free leatherette, it's a great cozy place for baby to relax.
7. Nook Pebble mattress. The Nook organic pebble mattress is great not only for its smart design but also for its bright fun colors. The water-resistant cover is also machine washable (a must!). From the unique air layer that fosters oxygen flow inside the mattress, to the superior softness of all-natural eucalyptus fibers, to the mite and microbe resistant all-natural latex core, every detail is examined for maximum breathability, non-toxicity, and smart design in the crib.
8. Seasons Rug by notNeutral. (6' round). This beautifully hand-tufted, bright yellow 100% wool rug is so fun especially mixing with coral and grey.
9. Bedding by WildIndigo (available in store at Sprout San Francisco). This bedding comes in a great neutral pallet to match any fun and bright color.
10. Caravan crib by Kalon: The bright coral color (called "red" by Kalon) of this crib makes this nursery design so fresh and fun, and it even comes in five additional colors. It's fully sustainable and made from the highest quality FSC certified domestic maple and with 100% non-toxic and/or food safe materials. It's also made in the USA.
Thanks again, Meredith and all the folks at Sprout for sharing these great products and nursery design ideas!
If you like this post or just want to say "hi," don't be shy, leave a comment below.
[twitter-follow screen_name='kssenn' show_screen_name='no']